Welcome to RouteMAP Illinois,
your source for driving directions and more. RouteMAP contains detailed
maps of Illinois and the United States presented in a user-friendly
package to help you get where you want to go.
To begin planning your journey; choose
one of the three major sections.
- "Find Location"
can help you pinpoint a location on a map by simply keying in
as little as the street address and zip code.
- "Find Facility"
can help you locate the nearest drivers' facility, lottery office,
county health department and more by entering your address and
choosing a search radius.
- "Get Directions"
from anywhere to anywhere with as little as the street address
and zip code.
- "RouteMap - Java"
is a Java version. You can Find Location, Find Facility, and Get Directions in this screen. Notes: Virtual Machine (VM) must be installed/turned on. Download Sun Java VM at
Happy Motoring and remember to buckle your seat belt and obey posted speed limits.
Illinois Legal Speed Limits
- 65 MPH on Illinois toll highways and on highways that are divided and have at least 4 lanes. (unless otherwise posted)
- 55 MPH on all other highways, roads or streets outside an urban district, and for Second Division Vehicles weighing >8,001 lbs. (unless otherwise posted)
- 30 MPH in an urban district. (unless otherwise posted)
- 20 MPH in School Zones (school days between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. when children are present and signs are posted)
- 15 MPH in an urban district alley.